HYSTERICAL. Yes, the moment was captured on camera. The guy across the Metro definitely enjoyed it. After a lovely night of dancing, I returned to a sweet little dinner Madre had set aside for me. Yes... I ate round 1:00 in the morning. I had told her I was not going to eat at home and she said i could have whatever I wanted to fix myself when I got home. Still, she had a cute little plate covered with everything out for me. Love it. That's all for today folks!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
We pasar'd the noche bien
Great day. Started the day off with a great breakfast as usual (I crave my cafe con leche with galletas). We made it to class on time today (YAY!- though my once love for the Metro has turned to Loathing, unadulterated loathing). In grammar today... there was no grammar. We just talked about different issues in Spanish culture and got on a role so we just went with it. Honestly, that's what I love doing. We talked a lot more about the problem of abuse in Spain, as well as the fact that the prisons are basically hotels. Apparently they have huge big screen TV's gyms, pools, and playstations. In grammar, we talked about one of my FAVORITE topics.. MÚSICA! We listened to traditional flamenco, as well as some newer interpretations and fusions of music. My favorite was CHAMBAO. Check them out! We also listened to Antonio Flores- Dudaría. No joke... a Spanish Elton John. The traditional flamenco singer we listened to, muy famoso, fue Camarón. He was extremely famous in other countries as well and died at a fairly young age due to drugs. I love and appreciate his pure flamenco sound... however to be honest it is not my favorite. Flamenco singing is very strong and passionate, however, it can be a bit raspy which hurts my throat, haha. Still it is very passionate and I love it for that (and the instruments of course). Needless to say, the class flew by. Afterwards, I realized I should go ahead and print my plane tickets for Barcelona Friday. As I'm printing... I realize I only have an actual ticket for returning. My heart stops. Of course I email Daddy for the rescue. Still, it appears that I only have that ticket. I race home, shower, and search throw my email. I find my confirmation order that clearly states when I leave Madrid-Barcelona and vice versa. Dad suggests calling the airline to be sure. A bit nervous... I gave it a try. Of course the lady is speaking completely in Spanish very quickly... all over the phone. I took deep breaths and stumbled as I tried to explain to her the situation. She got some numbers from me and read off exactly what I had down for departures and arrivals. From what I understood, I only needed that information to leave from Madrid and the other one I will need later. Talking over the phone was very difficult and stressful. I almost cried at one point just because I did not understand, but I held it together. WOO! Still, I was still a bit nervous about my flights, so I asked my host family. The daughter of my Madre is very familiar with Rynar and looked over everything and said I seemed to have everything. I think I'm going to check at the school tomorrow too just one more time. By the way... she was showing me how cheap flights were on this airline around Europe. A trip to Italy....10 euros... don't even worry about it. I'm totally coming back and just going to stay with Madre and travel all over for cheap. Madre told me I should skip a day of school and go somewhere during the week and come back that night (which Carmen has done). Oh how I wish this were possible... alas... we are not allowed to miss a day. Anyways after that ordeal I took a little snooze. I then planned to go to the library with Madre, however, Erin came rushing in and two of our guy friends were going to tour the RealMadrid stadium! Heck yes! So we jumped on the Metro and made the trek over. It was cold an raining, but refreshing after so many hot days. Honestly for my allergies it was PERFECT! This has been the best day as far as my breathing the entire trip! Anyways, the stadium was PHENOMENAL!



WE got to tour inside the stadium, see the visitor locker rooms, sit in the players' seats, see the museum, and hold one of the trophies (in a picture you could buy later). I did not know a whole lot about the team before, however, the museum was very impressive. The soccer team actually has it's roots back to 1902! El Fútbal is a very large part of the Spanish culture and it was a lot of fun to tour the stadium! The team/company also does a lot for the children in Madrid, acting against poverty and violence. After the tour I rushed home as I realized it was almost time for SALSA! We were supposed to meet at 7:45 but we were all running late. Erin ended up getting sick so there only ended up being five of us. We made our way through the chilly weather (I sacrificed a sweater for not having to mess with it in the club. I'm pretty sure the Spanish people thought I was crazy as most of them were in their winter clothes) to Club Savoy. When we arrived, there was no one there. You see... 8:00 is very very early for Spaniards to go out. Still this is what I had seen on the website. It turns out it is on Sundays that it begins at 8:00. On Wednesdays, it begins at 9:00. No pasa nada. We went to find a cafe or something as I had not eaten. We found a bar with tapas, so I ordered my favorite, a toritalla and we wasted a little time. After returning at 9:00 it appeared I had failed again... 9:00 was the advance group. The beginners' class didn't start until 10:15. I hate planning events that go wrong. I always want everyone to have fun and be happy. I felt awful. So we decided we would watch for a while, check it out, and maybe just go dance in Sol (as we had no chicos with us). Some of us went and had some sex on the beach while we waited. Why yes, I did have sex on the beach in Spain. Anyways, we watched the pro's spin and turn. Then, a joven muy guapo walked in and sat down in front of us. Brave Emily says "I'm going to go talk to him." She's so brave! With a little shove, she went and talked to him. Later that night they were flawless dancing together and we had fun chatting with him (though he was not there for our lesson, unfortunately). Anyways, around 10 we were deciding whether or not we would say. After I first asked the instructora if it was alright if we did not have birds (pajaros), she then assured us we would switch partners (pajeras) so it did not matter. We decided to go for it. It was not free as I had thought, but for 6 euros you could get the dance class and a free drink. It was a BLAST! We started out with very basic steps, then worked them in with partners. Many of the men were there for the first or second time and many of them older than us. Still, it was so great for practicing our Spanish (as all the instructions were in Spanish), as well as learn some fabulous dance moves. After the lesson, we were able to just practice dancing. There were some people there that were incredible! However, I feel like somewhere on me is a sign that says "Older men, please come to me." This was totally fine for practicing dancing, it's just funny. After practice and a lot of help and patience, I really felt like I got it. However, it was funny because one of the moves is called "Dime que no." These words are something along the lines of "Tell me that no." My partners would say the words, and it would always take me forever to realize they were saying the step, not adding something to the conversation. Anyways, needless to say we had a blast. I mean come on... learning Salsa... in SPAIN! (though one thing to note is, not ALL Spaniards have rhythm, just fyi) Anyways, MUY DIVERTIDO. We were laughing it up with our Spanglish on the way home. "We pasar'd the noche muy bien." Also, funny side note. My friend felt I needed to have a fashion shoot while we were waiting for the Metro. Of course I'm posing and posing and I go to lean up against the metro wall seductively... however I forget that it is concave and as I slam my back against it I bang my head against the protruding top part of the wall.

HYSTERICAL. Yes, the moment was captured on camera. The guy across the Metro definitely enjoyed it. After a lovely night of dancing, I returned to a sweet little dinner Madre had set aside for me. Yes... I ate round 1:00 in the morning. I had told her I was not going to eat at home and she said i could have whatever I wanted to fix myself when I got home. Still, she had a cute little plate covered with everything out for me. Love it. That's all for today folks!
HYSTERICAL. Yes, the moment was captured on camera. The guy across the Metro definitely enjoyed it. After a lovely night of dancing, I returned to a sweet little dinner Madre had set aside for me. Yes... I ate round 1:00 in the morning. I had told her I was not going to eat at home and she said i could have whatever I wanted to fix myself when I got home. Still, she had a cute little plate covered with everything out for me. Love it. That's all for today folks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment