Friday, June 25, 2010

Vamos a la PLAYA!


There truly is not much to say about today as it was a whole lot of beautiful NOTHING! We woke up early (8:00) to eat breakfast. Though this truly was the first day I felt I did not HAVE to wake up for something, and originally planned to sleep in, but the beach was calling my name. After a wonderful breakfast (with coffee and cookies just like at Madre's house!) we were on the beach around 9:00. We were literally on the beach from then until about 5:00. It was a beautiful thing. I read a little, sipped a few fruity drinks (first one-blue moon was fabulous but I took maybe 3 sips before I spilled it... oops. Then I had a mojito for the first time and loved it!). We also went swimming in the MEDITERRANEAN! Holy moly it was COLD! I'm not exaggerating when I say that for about the first five minutes I was in... I had trouble breathing. It was shockingly cold. However, once we were in for a while it was so relaxing and so beautiful. The waves, however, are so strong and had several of us toppling all over each other. It was so funny. When I went in to use the restroom tons of rocks fell out of my suit. Haha (TMI?) The water is absolutely gorgeous, and SO clear! We tried to do a banana boat ride, however, they said it was "too rough." For lunch I had a tortilla (good, but not like Madre's), as well as some LECHE MERENGADA (my cinnamon ice cream I love so much; I was so excited to see it here). Other than that I bought one more last minute souvenir and everything else was pure beach relaxation. It was so nice to have a break from school and trying to absorb as much culture as possible. I was on vacation and it was beautiful. I feel like I will appreciate tomorrow more having had this little brea (though I definitely don't want to leave). Everyone will be proud, however, as I did not burn (I had 45 on all day except the first 2 hours). After the beach, I took a beautiful shower, as well as a quick snooze and prepared for dinner. Afterwards, we went to watch Spain play in the world cup again! We watched the first half in a bar across the street which was a lot of fun, as there were several hard-core fans watching. It's so fun to share in the excitement of the fans. I have never been a fan of sports on television, however, I have really loved watching fútbol here. Everyone is just so excited. I can't wait to go home and watch more of the world cup! Anyways, at half-time we had a little photo shoot on the beach, and returned to finish the rest of the game with our whole group on the big screen in the lobby our our hotel. After another Spanish victory, we headed out to have a drink by the beach and soak up our last few minutes. We had a lovely time on our little patio and walked back along the beach to our hotel. I dipped my feet in the water for a while, breathing deeply, hoping to soak it all up and take it with me. I love the beach so much. It is killing me to go. Still, I know tomorrow will be great as Grananda holds a lot of history that I am interested in (I am so interested in Spanish/European history right now!). Totally random side note, for some reason in Spain there is never toilet paper in the bathrooms! It has almost always run out when we get in. So weird! Moral of the story= carry tissues in your pocket. Another side-note... I'm living in a Samford house next year!! HOORAY! I randomly check my phone for texts, and I got one from Britty last night and I was literally jumping up and down I was so excited and have probably told everyone on the trip and now all of you! HOORAY! Anyways, I cannot believe it's already Friday night! AH!

No comments:

Post a Comment