Friday, May 21, 2010

Esperando

Hola amigos! This is my first official entry. I'm going to try to make this worth while, however, I am going to warn everyone that I tend to ramble... a lot. I am waiting in the Birmingham airport right now to catch a flight to Atlanta. We will have a little bit of a layover there, then a 7:00 flight straight to Madrid! I am SO excited about this trip, but honestly I have no idea what to expect. I was only able to attend 1 out of about 10 preliminary meetings with the group... which as most of you can imagine... led to a bit of uneasiness and stress on my part (I know.. shocking). Still, I'm feeling great now and I'm really just ready to be there and dive in. I'm a bit nervous about my Spanish, as the last class I had was 301 my freshman year of college (about 2 years ago). I am going to try to review a grammar book they gave us on the way over to brush up a bit. I know a few people on the trip, but I'm not best friends with anyone. Honestly though, this is what I wanted. I really want to try to immerse myself as much as possible and leave the Samford bubble behind for a bit (not that I do not love and appreciate it ;) ). The family I am staying with is a mother who is in her mid 50's and her 26 year old daughter. I cannot wait to meet them! That's really all I know right now. I promise I will try to keep this updated frequently and add a few pictures once I figure out how to do that! I know I will miss you all dearly and I can't tell you how thankful I am for your wishes, thoughts and prayers. Please let me know how I can do the same for you! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment